|Title:||Full-Time / Part-Time Janitor & Maintenance|
Our Janitorial/Maintenance team is responsible for maintaining our facilities in top-notch condition so that we may deliver on our goal to run the cleanest convenience store in the United States. He or she is required to treat every customer as if they were a Guest in their own home. Our Janitorial/Maintenance staff will on occasion deal face to face with our Guests and therefore will be responsible for upholding our strict dress code at all times. If hired for this position you must provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States, be willing to undergo a criminal background and employment reference check, pass a drug screening test, and be at least 21 years of age.
Latitudes is a place where everyone works hard to make each store the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest convenience store chain in the United States. This is not an easy job, but it is very rewarding to serve the public. We offer opportunities for career advancement for team members who consistently deliver “Wow” service. Below is a partial list of duties that one could expect to perform on a typical shift as a Janitor / Maintenance Associate:
- Empty trash containers
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, or steam-cleaning them.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
- Clean windows and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Maintain landscaping
- Clean gasoline and diesel pumps and islands
- Pick up outside trash and sweep lot
- Snow removal and spread ice melt
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation
- Replace light bulbs
- Replace ceiling tile
- Touch-up paint
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Monitor building safety by performing such tasks checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Maintain equipment based on scheduled service intervals
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Attend regularly scheduled team and safety meetings
- Take initiative to immediately report violations of safety, sanitation or security policies to management and perform short-term solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Regularly required to stand, kneel, bend, climb step ladders, walk, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands.
- Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally required to lift and / or move items 25 – 45 pounds
- Infrequently required to lift and / or move items 45 – 70 pounds
Close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust to different lighting conditions.