|Title:||Full-Time Day/Evening Cashier (Min. Age 21 - Open Avail)|
The Full-Time Market Store Sales Associate (Cashier) is responsible for the quick, efficient, and accurate check out of our customers. They are required to treat every customer as if they were a Guest in their own home. A Market Store Sales Associate (Cashier) needs to have an enthusiastic, passionate desire to deliver outstanding Guest service with a smile. Our Market Store Sales Associates work face to face with our Guests and therefore will be responsible for upholding our strict dress code at all times. If hired for this position you must provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States, be willing to undergo a criminal background and employment reference check, pass a drug screening test and be at least 21 years of age to sell package liquor. A State of New Mexico alcohol server certificate is required for the position, but it can be obtained after being hired.
Latitudes is a place where everyone works hard to make each store the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest convenience center chain in the United States. This is not an easy job, but it is very rewarding to serve our Guests by making their day a little less stressful. We offer opportunities for career advancement for team members who consistently deliver “Wow” service. Below is a partial list of duties that one could expect to perform on a typical shift as a Market Store Sales Associate (Cashier):
- Greet every Guest with a smile;
- Assist Guests in purchases;
- Operate cash register;
- Process customer payments;
- Refer to Guests by their name whenever possible
- Thank every Guest for their business and invite them back;
- Continually push self and others to obtain speed of service goal;
- Answer telephone;
- Brew coffee and clean the fountain area;
- Stock roller grill and deli bar;
- Check in vendors;
- Build a display for merchandise;
- Stock shelves; dust merchandise; face merchandise;
- Restock cooler doors and freezer;
- Bag ice;
- Clean rest rooms;
- Sweep and mop sales area;
- Empty trash containers;
- Wipe down gas and diesel pumps;
- Pick up outside trash and sweep lot;
- Clear walk ways of snow and spread ice melt;
- Attend regularly scheduled team and safety meetings;
- Take initiative to immediately report violations of safety, sanitation or security policies to management and perform short-term solutions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly required to stand for a minimum of 4 hours at a time;
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds;
- Occasionally required to lift and /or move items 25 – 65 pounds.
OTHER DEMANDS OF THIS JOB:
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to show up for work on time and when scheduled;
- Ability to get along with co-workers;
- Ability to speak English, all other languages a plus;
- Willingness to solve guest concerns or problems.
Experience is preferred but not required. We will test to determine level of basic knowledge.